Nafplio, located less than two hours' drive by car from Athens is one of the most beautiful towns in the Peloponnese as well as one of the most romantic cities all over Greece. It occupies a waterside location between the massive principal fortress of Palamidi, the smaller Akronafplia, and the diminutive Bourtzi on an islet west of the old town. The town is surrounded by a remarkable landscape and a great way to see it is from the sea.
Our sea kayaking trip starts at the wsetern side of Karathona beach where you meet your guide. You will be briefed in detail regarding all the important trip info and safety advice after which you will start your paddling adventure on a crystal-clear sea. What is unique when Sea Kayaking around Nafplio is the view of three medieval forts creating remarkable scenery. We shall paddle towards Bourtzi, built on the 15th century on an islet right in front of the port. Watching the Unesco world heritage fortress of Palamidi and the town beneath from sea level is a remarkable experience. We carry on paddling along and under the hill of Akronauplia fortress with spectacular views of the cliffs covered in prickly pear cactus. After some kayaking, we shall make a stop for swimming and snorkeling, and those of you who are even more adventurous will be able to do cliff diving! Here we shall also taste our homemade picnic of local delicacies and relax under the sun. After this energy pumped stop, we will circle back around the hill and return back to the town.
- Super stable and easy to paddle single or tandem Kayaks with rudder
- Full Sea Kayak equipment: paddle, life jacket, spray-deck, waterproof jacket, waterproof bags
- Snorkeling equipment (goggles & snorkels)
- Land and water-based Sea Kayaking paddling instructions
- British Canoeing (BC) Sea Kayak leaders also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Water (please bring your own full bottle of water)
- Transfer to meeting point
- Tip or gratuity
- Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes
- Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks)
There is a minimum of 2 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
Thank you for submitting your review