Neda is a river of the western Peloponnese. Stems from mount Lykaion, flows westward and empties into the Ionian Sea. The river was named after the nymph Neda who was a goddess of the waters. Near the banks of the river is the ancient town of Phiigalia and the temple of Epicureus Apollo. The river over a large part of it crosses a ravine with very rich vegetation. Along its course, numerous waterfalls are created. The largest is near Figalleia and has a height of about 25 meters. Neda is a well-kept secret river of Greece, still a hidden gem! A perfect choice for river trekking.
Our river trek starts at the Figalia bridge near the village Platania where you meet your guide. After a briefing we start our trek. Though there is not a real track we aim to walk through or along the river. We may have to hop on rocks, jump on the river bank, figure out for the best way. Walking in the water is unavoidable, while in other parts swimming is absolutely necessary. Along the river course there is rich vegetation with plane trees. Waterfalls appear suddenly in front of our eyes and in parts the river narrows and is surrounded by steep rocks. After 4 hours of walking & swimming, we reach the main majestic waterfall of 25 m creating a large pond with crystal clear turquoise waters. We shall swim in the pediment of the great waterfall and the more daring will descend by a rope until the opening of the Stomion cave. Before ending our trek, we shall make a relaxing stop to taste a homemade picnic of fresh local delicacies.
- Wetsuit, Helmet, Waterproof bags
- Professional River Guides also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Transfer from the exit point to entry point (if necessary).
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Water (please bring your own full bottle of water)
- Transfer to meeting point
- Tip or gratuity
- Bottle of water (one bottle per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes (to change after river trekking)
- Spare pair of shoes that will get wet. Suitable are hiking shoes or trainers (Open shoes, sandals or flip-flops are unsuitable)
There is a minimum of 4 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
Thank you for submitting your review